WHAT did she say?

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Integrity?



I've really been struggling with people who don't keep their word lately. It is incredibly frustrating when someone opens their mouth to say they will do something and then not do it. I'm not even talking about people who you ask to do something-they say yes-and then they don't. I'm referring to people who volunteer to do something and then don't. It's been wearing on my nerves and I've cut a few people out due to this. Last night at bible study, my pastor was talking about being people of integrity and he referenced James 5:12 "...But let your "Yes" be "Yes", and your "No", "No", lest you fall into judgement." This is in reference to keeping your word and your commitments.

The reality is that we live in a society where people don't respect commitments, avoid them, and will fore go a commitment if something else comes along or they simply don't feel like it. These are people who lack integrity and I'm running out of patience for them. I know that no one is perfect, including myself, but let's challenge ourselves and one another to be people of integrity and keepers of our word.

No comments:

Post a Comment