WHAT did she say?

Sunday, February 5, 2012

After trying on $300 Prada shoes, YES only $300! I decided to head to the fitting room, realizing I’ve been in this store for 2.5 hours! Finally I had decided on 2 sweaters by Max Azria for a great price. Then I looked in the mirror, fanned my hair back on the right side and noticed a shine. I moved into the mirror closer and there it was a 2 inch strand of grey hair. I paused; as thoughts ran throw my head a thousand miles per minute. Too quick for me to even comprehend what I was thinking. I started to cry, but could only make a frown. I then started to look for my phone to call beastie, my mom, I don’t know. I needed to talk to someone. Before I knew it I grabbed the clothes, gave to the fitting room attendant and walked swiftly out the store. I sat in my car not sure what to think. But God I did ask you for long grey hair when I got around late 50’s to rock a long French braid with a cat to pat.

Maybe this is just the first stage to my braid, or I’m stressed maybe I have earned my first wisdom strand. Yeah that’s it! Being curious, I knew I had to do research on how and why I have a strand of grey hair at 26, right before a full moon.

After speaking with my father he said “God only knows. He wanted you to have a grey strand at this time.” I decided no need to research it. Just smile, be happy with who I am, what I have, and as more may come no need to dye it, embrace it.

I understand as we age body parts spread and drop, like it’s a new dance move or something. But our mind isn’t always prepared to hit the dance floor, at least my mind isn’t. I wanted to know has anyone in late twenties have developed their wisdom strand(s)? Just like in high school it turns out I wasn’t the only 110 pound teenager that had stretch marks on my buttocks, so comforting to know I wasn’t alone.

So after all that emotion from first finding my wisdom strand, I learned God is doing something and there is no need for me to ponder on it.

1 comment:

  1. I think you came to a good conclusion. I think it is there to represent it's self, and it doesn't want you to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete