WHAT did she say?

Monday, February 27, 2012

Realizing it was the right decision... much later

I had a little glimmering moment today. My co-worker got into her PhD program which is a major accomplishment plus she got funding and a stipend. We chit chatted about her news and mine and then reflected on how working for our organization really allows us to function in several domains of life. Its a perk. Period.

So I got back to my office and remembered when I was considering the offer for this job. It seemed like a great opportunity, but I didn't really know what the company was all about, not a lot of people do-as evidenced by the o_O looks I get when people ask me what I do or who I work for. I knew it was a good name to have listed among my credentials, but so were the other options. In the end it came down to the exposure I would get here and so I accepted.

I remember the process of looking for jobs that summer. The prayers I prayed. The interviews, and the ultimate offers. The excitement at the numbers. The feeling of knowing after about 8 interviews in one day-that these people wanted to work with me. I also remember my first few days here and wondering if I was the only person who didn't go to Harvard. I also remember meeting with someone and saying "everyone here is like REALLY smart", and that person turning to me and saying "we chose you because you are too, the only difference is that we've got a few more years of experience on you."

Over the past 18 months, there hasn't been a day that I've hated my job, the people I work with, or even the projects I'm on. Sure, there are days when I'd rather be doing something else, or I'd rather NOT be working on yet another Medicare project, but I truly enjoy what I do. Aside from that, I've gained an amazing mentor here who I have learned so much from and been incredibly supported by. THIS was the right choice. 18 months later and I'm excited about recalling information and being seen as an asset to teams. 18 months later and I'm about to start another chapter and journey that will lead me someone that I probably hadn't factored into my life plan five years ago.

Point of this post: One of the greatest parts of this whole experience was learning how to make a plan, pray about it, and be still enough to listen to God. I'm confident that none of this-where I am today- is a result of an accident, rather a result of my work and faith and His ultimate timing and plan. Try trusting him...but know that it will surely required patience!

P.S. I've missed this blog. I should do this more often :)

1 comment:

  1. very encouraging and inspiring post. God's children are designed for greatness...it's in our DNA.

    ReplyDelete