WHAT did she say?

Thursday, January 7, 2010

What happens when

I Am Smart, Attractive, Educated, Childless, and Have Issues! Some may say your a HOT COMMODITY---So I met a guy, who worked in the grocery store. No problem, really, b/c this is a temp. job for him he did have other future plans. But when he started to talk about somethings of his past (past as in a few months ago), I was like HOLD UP! He used to sell a lil bit of this as well as a lil bit of that. I guess the min. wage job didnt pay enough, but that is not the type of tea I like in my tea bags! The conversation gets better, he mentions he wanted to come to church with me. Thats just perfect b/c at my church we reach people where they are. Its not for me or anyone else to judge this guy, he maybe tryin to get his life right. So my question: Why is it hard to get a guy who looks as if they are living life 'correct' to come to church compared to a guy who is living the 'street' life? Of course there is more to the the story: he is 24, has kids (not a problem), been married and divorce, talks about the type of cars he has (thats a problem), the type of money the Xwife makes (problem), lied about where he lives (problem), etc. Once again not my cup of tea, but him coming to the same church I attend is not a big problem. I don't want him to get to comfortable in thinking I want to get to know him. NO, I know enough! Oh this goes back to me not babysitting the sugar on the martini glass rim. At least I recognize my faults!
Speaking of recognizing my faults, I have in the past few months confessed, "My name is _______and I am a shopaholic." Oh I am not done, "My name is _________ and I am a Perfectionist." I was talking to a young lady who I let know I am a perfectionist, she told me, " Yeah i knew that about you." I was like 'well damn when was you going to tell me.' I figured if someone would have told me I would have looked in the mirror twice and hopefully recognized my problem. However, since I asked God to reveal my problems b/c I know I am not perfect, but I thought I was pretty close. I am able to accept and know God is going to handle my issues. Being a shopaholic is more than a self-control issue! I dont eat certain meats, partially by choice,so I know I have self-control. However, in my four years of higher education, I was taught that an addiction is a disease. That means I am not able to quite cold turkey, its a process, like everything else in life. I hope you continue on this journey of processes with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment