WHAT did she say?

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Man in the Mirror


I swear, I don't know how I lived without weekends for so long. Like....really?


In true fashion, this weekend was as eventful as others but I won't bore you will all of the details or additions to the "funniest bedtime story ever." I will tell you about drinks on Friday with Mr. Smile.


I wanted to do something after work, but after a long day- I really wasn't feeling the time that it was taking for people to respond to getting drinks. I got a text from Mr. Smile suggesting that we get up for a drink. Easy enough. I'm down. After battling about where to go, we decided on the mexican spot near my job. I got us a table while he parked and in the meantime-the waiter brought out the chips and salsa. Mr. Smile arrives, eats a couple chips, checks the bar for seating...and decides he'd rather check out the other spots. Laughing loudly, I'm down. Now ILYT and I have been accused of being flaky when it comes to restaurant decisions- it was refreshing to see that someone else has these same issues. The waiter sucked anyway. So we get up and jay-walk across the street to walk through the mall and get to the other restaurants.


I kid you NOT. THIS MAN CHECKED HIMSELF OUT IN EVERY MIRROR WE PASSED. He said it was because he was getting used to the additional facial hair (and then accused me of not paying him attention because I hadn't noticed that it was like a picometer longer than it was when I'd seen him last.) Finally, I asked him if he planned to look in EVERY mirror we saw. He asked if it bothered me...I just said...I don't know why you need to be in EVERY mirror. Maybe its the letters? Once we finally reached a bar- we sat in front of yet another mirror so in between sentences he could be seen checking himself out in the mirror...


Seriously, who needs that much mirror time? Everything else was cool but that one thing was a bit odd to me #kanyeshrug

No comments:

Post a Comment