WHAT did she say?

Thursday, September 15, 2011

DELET


Ahh...."DELET" (like delete but a hard "t" at the end) reminds me of my young and dumb college days...
I've never really been one to go through my phone deleting numbers and such. Either numbers weren't transferred when I got a new phone or they just live on eternally. I literally have a phone full of numbers that I will never use, but eh, never know when you might be stuck somewhere random. You just might need that number....(ok maybe not). It's just never been a conscious thing to do, though I realize that this is quite normal for most people.
About a week ago, this all changed. I was literally tired of seeing people's names who don't serve any real purpose in my life-popping up in my phone randomly due to a pointless text or phone call. Now of course, this has more to do with me basically being "over" said people for one reason or another, but to keep from continued annoyance...I deleted the numbers...the past text messages- EVERYTHING (because we live in an age where if the number isn't stored, it isn't recalled, and therefore does not exist) . I literally felt like I'd dumped off some weight. It may sound silly, but it really felt good to get rid of the extra. Now not to be free of coincidence, literally within a day (and a few hours in one case) the contacts either called or texted. Meh...i'm done. So those calls and texts got the DELET too. But perhaps I should have responded with an open invitation for said persons to lose my number...hmmmm....
So I'm sure reading this you're like, 'man she's a bit angry' but its actually quite the contrary. People that know me know that my tolerance for BS is fairly low...or I will tolerate it until I'm tiiired and then I'm done. And I simply reached that point with a few people. Instead of continuing engage in random convo and failed attempts at 'getting up', I just won't. And since these people are no longer 'contacts' in my book, they now get the treatment that every other unknown number gets. Fair? I think so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment