WHAT did she say?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yesterday you asked me...




"When are you actually going to stop shopping?"

That made met think...a lot. Admittedly, I'm a bit ashamed that I haven't stopped. I'm realizing how much (like, you) spending is a part of my day. I challenged myself to try to go a day without spending anything BUT then I remembered a bill due date and an application that I need to pay for. Its kind of a helpless feeling to not be able to STOP spending. It's like there is always something. Confession: I went to Target yesterday...because alas...I NEED TROUSER SOCKS (wearing tights everyday isn't that comfortable AND those gym socks that I had to wear in my office were unacceptable). While I was there I decided to pick up some food items to take for lunch. Now, food is an acceptable expense...but the problem is that I was actually JUST going to Target for socks.

I must get serious about my commitment to shop less (or not at all). My last purchase was to be my rain boots, but I was blessed to receive them as a gift. Now the disciplinarian within MUST STEP UP and remind me that I can't buy something else since I didn't have to spend money on the boots. The better idea is to save it. Put in in the fund for travel. That's actually a great contribution to my trip money.

I think today is going to be the day for Smartypig!

No comments:

Post a Comment