WHAT did she say?

Thursday, June 10, 2010

iLike: Snake Rings

The fact is that I abhor actual snakes. They are squirmy and slimy and what not and I just can't. BUT iLove the snake ring trend that I've seen in stores like BCBG and from designers like Kenneth Jay Lane. Since they range so much in price, I decided to do a Shopstyle my secret EVERYTHING finder search to see what's out there.

Like any trend, everyone has used their own creativity to make their interpretation of the trend. Here are a few of my favorites...

We'll start with Rachel Roy's take on the situation. This minimalist worn gold snake ring is the least costly on my list and is available from Rachel Roy for under $40. Too bad it's not actually available until July 7th.


This chunky black resin beauty designed by ABS for Allen Schwartz is available at Lord & Taylor for a mere $75. This one is perfect for that laid back, white v-tee and jeans kind of day.
And now onto my loves...by KJL (naturally)

iLove the pink and white pave bling on this piece. This little charmer was designed by KJL was apparently available for around $136 at Macy's but was so popular that it is no longer available...le sigh.
I'm personally wear more bling than stones, but I really like the turquoise member of the KJL snake line. The red eyes make it a little sinister, but it definitely commands attention. The open mouth lets us all know that you are on the prowl and ready to attack for all my panther (or Cougar-In-Training) friends . A little on the pricey side, this one is actually available at Macy's for just under $250.
This is probably my favorite of them all. It's simple, but again the red eyes on the snake, command your attention. The neutral colors make it great for just about anything. Find this one at ShopBop for $220. Actually, upon closer look. This is the same ring as the one above...just in another color...



No comments:

Post a Comment