WHAT did she say?

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Well its 3pm on Wed and I am about to pull every strand out my head! Matter of fact since 10am....Anyway, while browsing online I came across a story about an 8 year old who was removed from class bc her hair product (Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion) was making her teacher sick. I must add the product is a little potent.
When reading this story a memory rolled in when I was 8 years old, during recess, a teacher on duty came to me and noticed I was chewing gum. She told me to take the gum out my mouth, stretch it and wear it across my ear! OH YES SHE DID, I will never forget it. I got teary eyed, ran to the office (while removing the stretch gum from my ear) to call my mom, so I could go home sick for the day. I never told this to my mom, let alone anyone else.
I wasn't supposed to have gum at school, but I am and was HUMAN! This little girl (only black in her Advance Placement class) already has to deal with acceptance I am sure. Let alone the teacher, someone of authority to tell you to leave class bc you smell!!!!
I normally would say these teachers/schools these days; however I was reminded this week 'there is nothing new under the sun.' Meaning events that are taking place in and out of schools now took place back in the day, except kids are bolder about it; therefore everyone is aware about different situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment