WHAT did she say?

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

in Your humble opinion



A few conversations with friends, a couple blog posts, and few angry Facebook statuses have led me to one.simple.question.

Who has a harder time getting over a break-up?

Yea, I know that Jasmine Sullivan talks about busting windows out you car, but I men seem to go OJ (wait he was acquitted) Scott Peterson and go crazy. Ok so maybe those are the extremes, but you get the idea.

So tell me, who do you think has the harder time dealing with a break-up? Men or Women? Why?

My thoughts:

I'd say men. Women take a lot to get to a point of being done with something and once they reach that point, they tend to have it all reconciled within them. No it doesn't mean that they won't have an adjustment period, and by no means does the go for ALL women, but I think women have the ability to get over it. I'm not sure why men feel like they can't live after a break-up. Enlighten me please.

3 comments:

  1. It hurts our egos...especially if it's our fault.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to say that it's men, especially if we're the breakup-ee. I'd agree with Chandler that a lot of it has to do with our egos. I think on some level women kinda expect to get their heart broken at some point in life. Men never think it can happen to us. So when it happens it definitely hurts more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd say men, because like it takes alot for a woman to leave a relationship, it takes alot for us to jump into one. once we've given our all to said relationship, it's pretty difficult to just let it go. to do so, generally proves that the feelings weren't terribly serious to begin with. anyone who i was serious about while dating, i no longer speak to, and i like it that way.

    ReplyDelete