WHAT did she say?

Monday, August 2, 2010

Mothers Who Try to Put A Ring on It: For their Son!

I thought I would never come across a situation like this. However, I thought wrong. I was at work and a lady says, "Can I ask you a personal question?" I was thinking to myself, should I say no, after all the things that come from my co-workers brain, I'm nervous that its a personal question. Me being nice I say, "Sure'
She says, "Are you dating, seeing anyone?"
I say, "No."
She says, "Are you looking for anyone?"
I say "Well not really looking." In my head I was thinking I really don't have time for anyone and don't like to share my personal space with too many people.
She then says, "I would like for you to meet my son."
I smile and say "Oh how old is he?" Knowing that shes in her mid 50's.
She says '25.' I was thinking a male 25, not my type bc he is probably immature. Since we are in LR , im pretty sure I know him
I ask, "What high school did he go to?"
She says "Central." Now I know there's a very good chance I already know her son. She tell me his name,
I say, "Yea I know such and such from my friend Racine."
She says, "Yeah we all went to church together."
I was like, "Yea."
She says(her exact words) "Well I need you guys to get together bc I'm tryin to put a ring on it." I thought she was joking. I was thinking this wasn't a go at all, due to all type of reasons. As the days passed on she would ask,"When are we going out?" She suggested me to go with her daughter, her daughters' husband, and her son to dinner. I keep telling her I am really busy, giving her my list daily activities. A)I really don't have time B) I am not interested, that's my best friend X C) Anytime a mother is in a rush for her son to marry--Not a good sign!
But hey at least the mom really likes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment