WHAT did she say?

Monday, August 16, 2010

Where's your faith?


That was the message yesterday. Simple and to the point. And I thought that it was ironic because I find myself asking this question of others (in my head) when they go on their tangents about things not working out or working slowly. Patience is a virtue and God surely ain't done with me yet, so when I hear the same stories and complaints over and over again...I tend to want to shake the person and just ask them..."where is your faith?" These are people who say that they are christians and believe in God. That. right. there. Is probably the biggest sign of faith that one can display (in my opinion). Our natural bodies and minds find it difficult to believe in something that we have not seen with our own eyes, so if you are saying that you believe in God then you are indeed exercising your faith. So my challenge to so many of you that can't seem to get ahead in some area of your life, but profess to believe in God...is to check your faith. Are you really believing that God can move in your life or are you just saying that because everyone else around you says it. I will say this...it's really hard to grow your faith if you aren't actively pursuing an intimate relationship with God. You don't have to believe me...but what's the consequence if I am wrong? Or better yet...how great is the pay off if I am right?

As much as this message was for someone else...it's also for me. Just when everything seems right in the world, the enemy will try to launch an attack to try to draw you out of your joy and peace. Remember that recognizing the enemy is like 90% of the battle so with that...I choose to give no play to what is going on right now. I have prayed for God to move in the life of another and just as He's heard my prayers yesterday and today (and will hear them tomorrow) I can trust that He will act according to His will. That's where my faith's at.

4 comments:

  1. Did we discuss this like this weekend? If not I recently heard this, hmmmm? Maybe God is tryin to tell me something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows....but you might want to perk up those ears and listen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even the demons professed a belief in God.. James 2:19, Mark 1:24, 5:7....Maybe it is not so much as believing that God can move in your life, but rather TRUSTING that God will move in your life

    ReplyDelete