WHAT did she say?

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Losing Tolerance


Those of you that know me (well) know that I'm not the most patient person. I've tried to work on it over time, but my patience with adults is very low. I can be patient with a child all day long, but you grown folks...I absolutely can not. While I've been working on my patience, what I have seen dwindle to new lows is my tolerance for other people and their foolishness and antics. I feel a purge coming on. So who (general) am I referring to? Glad you asked.

1) Rude People- My mother constantly reminds me that she didn't raise everyone. This usually comes as I'm complaining about how incredibly rude someone is as I try to wrap my head around what people must be thinking when they come with this craziness. Rudeness might be hereditary and that's unfortunate. As adults, there should be a common level of respect and courtesy. I realize that some wildebeasts folks weren't raised to be courteous, but you 'oes have been to college and graduate school and are self-proclaimed bougie. PUHLEEZ get your ish together and find some manners. Need a lesson? Let me refer you to my manuscript.

2) Busy People- I don't do Ocho..but "Child Please". Jesus himself ain't THAT busy. Even He's got time to listen to a prayer. So those of you that are too busy to return a phone call or e-mail, it's time for a new excuse. We all have our moments when we don't answer our phones or respond to texts or emails in the moment (it's called vacation) but to keep up this shenanigans on an extended basis is unacceptable.

3) Liars- No one likes liars. My problem with folks isn't so much the lies that they tell to others, but the lies they live and tell themselves. Hate to crack your wonderful self image...but you are living a lie. I know you think that you are giving- you aren't, that your honest- you fail, and that you are generally a good person- nope. All jokes aside, I've found that people profess to be things that they are not. Saying it doesn't make it so. Check your actions.

Ok so now that we've established that my tolerance is disappearing faster than Kat Stacks' undies ...govern yourselves accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment